MICHI (www.michiny.com), a fashion forward luxury performance active lifestyle brand, is currently seeking a Production Coordinator in Toronto, Canada.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and technical candidate looking to work in a fashion forward retail company. The candidate must have great attention to detail and be able to multi-task different responsibilities. The individual must be able to meet deadlines and is able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Work with the design team to assist in fabric and trim research, issuing purchase order, following up delivery and arranging raw material shipments.
- Assist in daily order status update
- Assist in fabric and trim purchase orders, following up delivery and arranging raw material shipments for bulk production.
- Assist in daily order status update and monitor production timelines to ensure that products are delivered on time
- Work closely with design team to ensure tech packs, samples and patterns are complete and accurate for clearly communication to factory
- Assist in preparing cut ticket and update cut quantities into the system
- Assist in arranging in and out parcel by courier or oversea freight forwarder
- Work closely with logistic team for bulk shipment arrangement
- Graduates in a post secondary fashion program.
- Experienced with fabric cutting and basic sewing
- Understanding of garment construction and pattern making
- Understanding of tech packs and garment specs requirements.
- High Attention to details
- Strong sense of urgency, motivation and ability to take initiative.
- Enthusiastic and willing to take on any job whether at a high or low level.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, proactive and a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and challenging environment and meet deadlines.
- Solid understanding of garment development and production cycle
- Working knowledge of Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of a Pattern Making Software (Gerber/ PAD etc) is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (as well as in Cantonese is a plus)
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Job Title, “Production Coordinator”, in the subject line of your message.