PATTERN MAKER (LINGERIE/SWIM)
MICHI (www.michiny.com) an emerging, fashion-forward, athletic apparel company in Toronto, Canada is looking for an experienced PATTERN MAKER who has expertise in lingerie, swim, activewear and/or stretch knit fabrics.
We are looking for an experienced Pattern Maker with PAD System experience preferred. If this candidate has Gerber or Lectra experience we can train on the PAD System.
- Create 1st patterns based on designer’s sketch
- Work with design team to help oversee construction of 1st samples
- Digitally Grade patterns
- Contribute during fittings
- Make pattern alterations and corrections after fittings
- Make patterns production ready
- Superb pattern making ability
- 7+ years pattern making experience
- Knowledge of garment construction
- A strong understanding of body shaping and the fundamentals of fit
- Knowledge of digital pattern making preferably on PAD system but Gerber and Lectra knowledge is helpful
- Draping experience is a plus
- A design diploma unless your work speaks for itself
- Creative, innovative and full of ideas with a demonstrated ability to communicate concepts visually
- Self-motivated, driven, with a can-do, problem solving attitude
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Excellent time management skills with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio/ photos of garments to: email@example.com
Please reference Job Title “Pattern Maker” in the subject line of your message.