Marketing Communications Director
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Communications Director with in-depth experience and proven relationships in the fashion retail industry to strategically develop and implement our Marketing and Communication plans across all communications channels.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive communication and public relations programme enhancing our company’s reputational image and position within the marketplace.
- Develop and deliver an effective Communications and Marketing Strategy including collections and product launches, campaigns, shows, company website, social media platforms, press days and public relations.
- Create the seasonal Communications & Marketing plan and deliver against the set targets on editorial, features, celebrity seeding and events across target markets.
- Drive meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, public and key influencers.
- Cultivate relationships with all key press and strategic contacts while fostering already existing relationships.
- Lead, develop and execute creative PR campaigns in line with our strategy.
- Lead seasonal press events, collection launches and organize press trips
- Plan, implement, develop and execute successful PR Annual strategies and plans
- Write press releases and create unique and compelling story angles
- Secure strategic press coverage including brand features as well as product placement in top international and online media outlets
- Develop and define core brand values, with the support of the Creative Director and the CEO, and ensure those brand values are represented in all external and internal communication.
- Manage the brand’s online presence to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Create and maintain a structured Communications and Marketing calendar detailing events, new product launches, shows and campaigns.
- Work closely with the CEO on brand positioning and strategies.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and the Sales team, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations for the wholesale partners.
- Build and manage the Communications and Marketing budget.
- Actively lead, build and manage the Communications Team including the Digital Marketing Manager, Communications Coordinator and Communications Assistant.
- Lead the development of digital communications and conversation, including the curation of content and audience engagement across all social media channels
- Leverage social media and new relevant platforms, ensuring digital amplification of press activity, brand collaborations, and customer experiences.
- Meet new customer, revenue, and margin goals, while managing an efficient budget
- Keep up to date on the latest digital industry trends, trends, and opportunities
- Recognize internal and external communication opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Driven self-starter, with a scrappy and resourceful entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work both strategically and tactically
- In-depth experience in fashion, retail, wellness or beauty with a brand.
- Creative flair and imagination leading a collaborative communications team.
- Proven relationships with high level global media, influencers and brand partners
- A very strong background in PR, social media and the creation of brand communications campaigns
- Communications leader with a wealth of experience gained in a fashion/lifestyle retail environment.
- Pro-active and a thought leader creative thinking, collaboration and idea generation are key in this role.
- Excellent influencing skills with an ability to gain buy in from multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record in CRM and brand analytics.
- Proven track record of working on celebrity activations and events.
- Strong events management experience.
- Well connected internationally with influential industry profile across key areas.
- Solid negotiation skills and exceptional taste level.
- Creative and strategic mindset with excellent problem solving skills.
- High integrity and personal standards with the drive and determination to succeed the ability to create the right environment through enthusiasm and respect.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver on time and within budget, handling multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; a confident communicator at all levels both written and verbal with accomplished presentation skills.
- Financially astute with the ability to be able to think and plan strategically, but still deliver to demanding time scales.
- Positive and team oriented
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Job Title “Marketing Communications Director”, in the subject line of your message.