MICHI (www.michiny.com) a fashion-forward active lifestyle company is seeking a Controller in Toronto, Canada to ensure all of the company’s accounting and financial reporting up to date.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with great attention to detail able to multi-task different responsibilities such as day-to-day bookkeeping, financial oversight and other duties as required. The individual must be able to meet deadlines and is able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- At least two years experience with full cycle accounting and month-end close
- At least two years experience with Quickbooks in all aspects of Financial Statement preparation
- Works well independently and is able to handle all required reconciliations for the business including AP, AR, Inventory, Payroll, Cash and Credit card reconciliations
- Experience with cash management is an asset especially with RBC Express
- Experience with inventory valuation and working with an ERP is an asset, including dealing with manufacturing and 3PL warehouse
- Experience with ecommerce and/or B2B systems is an asset (Shopify/Square)
- Must manage company policies under credit and shipping insurance
- Experience dealing with external accountants for year-end and corporate tax filing
- Administer payroll through third-party a requirement and must be able to properly do onboarding and offboarding for payroll purposes (TD1, ROE)
- Prepares annual budget, cash flow statements and forecasts
- Fulfills all external reporting and remittances as required, including but not limited to HST returns, EHT, WSIB
- Maintains complete financial and employment records
- Updates financial policies, procedures an practices as needed
- Provides monthly and quarterly financial reports for review by the Creative Director
- Manages, reviews and oversees pricing and gross margin
- Runs financial models, performs various financial, cash analysis and operational cost analysis and investigates variances
Human Resources Services
- Manage hiring on BambooHR
- Ensure that time off is appropriate recorded by staff and approved, with appropriate accruals performed on payroll system
- Manage off boarding of employees on BambooHR system
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include Job Title, “Controller”, in the subject line of your message.