MICHI (www.michiny.com) a fashion-forward active lifestyle company is looking for a part-time JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT to ensure all of the company’s accounting and financial reporting up to date.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end financial statements and reports
- Maintain general ledgers.
- Make entries into accounting software and internal databases.
- Process payroll
- Reconcile financial statements.
- Follow up on overdue payments.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents correctly
- Ensure full-cycle Accounts Payable is processed in an accurate and timely manner including matching purchase orders, packing slips and invoices in a computerized ledger system.
- Post invoices and credit card transactions in a timely manner.
- Prepare wires / EFT and cheques for all authorized vendor payments and employee expenses on a weekly basis.
- Maintain vendor records and works with vendors to resolve payment issues, including requesting proof of delivery and necessary documentation.
- Post receipts and deposit cheques when received
- Prepare daily bank deposits and reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Reconcile, adjust and maintain balance sheet accounts for monthly Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Book receipt of finished goods inventory from manufacturer.
- Complete warehouse transfers on a timely basis.
- Work closely with Inventory Manager for preparation of customs documentation as required on cross-border shipments.
- Fulfilment of E-Commerce orders on the 3PL / ERP system on a daily basis.
- Setting up all new styles in ERP at the beginning of each season (including: style images, barcodes, assigning SKUs, etc.)
- Assist with Distribution Centre communication and follow-ups.
- Assist in any duty disputes that were incorrectly assessed.
Required Qualifications: Work Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Three (3) years of accounting or book keeping experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Prior experience with Quickbooks or another Accounting system.
- CPA or CMA preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications.
- Skill in maintaining accounting or bookkeeping records.
- Skill in performing detailed numerical computations and reports.
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite especially Excel
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of wholesale business cycle and accounting cycle.
- Prior experience with ERP and Shopify is an asset.
- Strong ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience working with manufacturing companies, with inventory systems and in multiple currencies is a plus.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference Job Title “Part-time Jr Accountant” in the subject line of your message.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our team is working remotely from home. If required to come into office it is on a reduced staff basis on one by one.