Are you an authority when it comes to motivation and persuasion? Do you love nurturing relationships and understanding people? Are you resourceful and determined? Are you a great storyteller but at the same time numbers driven?
If so, keep reading! We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our growing team. If you’re passionate about figuring out how our minds and the minds of those around us work, are a natural at building relationships, are a resourceful and adaptable person, are highly organized and numbers driven, let’s talk. At MICHI, growth and innovation is behind everything we do!
In this position you’ll be responsible for growing global wholesale sales and to ensure agreed company targets are met. You will be required to drive the search for new wholesale openings for the brand while growing existing accounts. You’ll understand the complete sales process, manage local and overseas accounts, ensure sell through targets are met and regularly communicate with global accounts.
What does that mean exactly? It means we’ll be counting on you to do the following:
SALES EXPANSION (PRESTIGE ACCOUNTS)
- Seek out new sales opportunities that are on brand with the MICHI aesthetic and target the MICHI customer.
- Define expansion roadmap and monitor closely competitive activities.
- Position MICHI in luxury and contemporary majors, boutiques and online platforms as well as appropriate fitness or sport specific gyms and shops.
- Seek out and develop new sales opportunities globally and build relationships with current stores.
- Manage and oversee daily functions/ responsibilities of accounts.
- Manage, develop and maintain strong relationships with buyers in key accounts and higher specialty boutiques.
- Check in with wholesale accounts regarding brand performance and merchandise assortment.
- Establish strategic partnerships with accounts to further understand the product needs and opportunities.
- Negotiate favorable payment and shipping terms for MICHI such as Pre-paid and Ex-works.
- Respond to wholesale and retail customer inquiries and questions.
- Plan seasonal store visits with key accounts to deliver product knowledge, merchandising guidelines, and event participation.
- Explore and build new business opportunities with a focus on long-term, sustained growth.
- Weekly analysis of sales data (ie. Sell through, product mix, door analysis, competitor analysis etc.), in order to maximize selling and growth opportunities.
FORECASTING AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Forecast ATS for in-seasons sales with the responsibility to sell through all remaining inventory by end of season.
- Maintain regular communication with design and production to initiate recuts when core inventory starts to get low or if core products need to get updated.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to increase profitability.
- Regularly follow up with our Jr Accountant to make sure partners are adhering to payment terms.
- Follow up with buyers if needed to help receive late payments.
- Work with marketing team to initiate and manage creation of sales materials and marketing partnerships.
NEW MARKET EXPANSION AND SPECIAL PROJECTS
- Assist with expansion into key markets such as China and the Middle East.
- Plan end-to-end and organize new market entry across all functions
- Execute all aspects of sales and brand growth in order to achieve growth strategy/expansion plans
- Other duties as required.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- You now have in depth knowledge and understanding of the MICHI products and feel comfortable sharing stories about the products, inspiration, craftsmanship and origins.
- It’s become second nature to communicate the problems we are solving and stories behind the brand.
- You have connected with relationships you already had from past sales experience and have created new sales opportunities for the company and opened a number of new accounts such as Net-a-Porter, Forward by Elyse Walker and Ssense.
- You have sought out additional sales opportunities that are on brand with MICHI and are working on building those relationships further.
- You have re-negotiated very favorable shipping and payment terms.
- Since you understand the importance of a strong core business you have focused in this area and helped build up our core assortment and business with our accounts.
- You have defined a wholesale sales expansion roadmap and are seeing opportunities for additional growth.
- You have grown our business immensely in Asia, the Middle East and the US by opening new accounts and growing current accounts.
- You’ve mastered the art of remote selling and the marketing team helps set you up for success.
- You are a strong believer in the brand and feel very confident selling the line. You are driving sales growth because of the relationships you have built and the deep level of understanding you have of our customer.
- You truly understand our customer’s needs and are very confident suggesting best selling assortments for our top accounts.
- You’ve drastically grown our core business and have been able to expand manufacturing and grow margins.
- The momentum you have created has allowed us to grow our distribution partnerships and our internal sales team.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE – IS IT YOU?
- 5 + years' experience working in US or global sales; Activewear, Contemporary or RTW experience preferred.
- Established industry working relationships with accounts like Net-a-Porter, Ssense, Selfridges, Matches, Forward by Elyse Walker, Revolve Clothing, Shopbop, Lane Crawford, Luisa Via Roma, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Holt Renfrew etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Familiarity negotiating contracts, as well as payment and shipping terms.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proactive, product-forward focus.
- Experience managing and developing team of direct reports.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment.
- Proactive, energetically owning and driving process improvement.
MICHI (www.michiny.com), is an elevated, technical apparel brand, that believes in female empowerment and sustainability. Our utilitarian products defy the status quo to fuse elevated aesthetics with high performance functionality.
MICHI is sold in the world’s most prestigious department stores, upscale gyms and eCommerce platforms; including Holt Renfrew and Sporting Life in Canada, Selfridges in the UK, Le Bon Marche in France, Luisa Via Roma in Italy, Asport in Taiwan, SKP in China, and Equinox Gyms in the US, UK and Canada.
Our products are Made in Canada and in Sedex certified factories globally, out of bluesign® and OEKO-TEX® certified materials from Italy, Brazil, and throughout Asia. As a collaborative team, we create value through strong communication, innovative thinking and taking responsibility to put our customers first.
MICHI Design Inc. is currently looking to add a SALES MANAGER to our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end product lifecycle management; and production sourcing, planning, control and scheduling to deliver innovative, high quality products on time, while controlling costs.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please include the job title Sales Manager in the subject line of your message.