MICHI, www.michiny.com, a fashion forward performance active lifestyle brand, is currently seeking an experienced Production Manager in Toronto, Canada.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated Production Manager to manage the production process to deliver innovative, high quality product while achieving financial goals.
- Meet calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time.
- Develop strong relationships with sourcing partners to plan and control item costs and expedite finished goods.
- Ensure the final product meets intended aesthetics, function and quality goals.
- Understand the Michi technical features, fabrics, trims and construction.
- Manage production, fabric and trim sourcing and product development.
- Create production timelines and manage the flow of raw materials throughout the production process.
- Continually follow up with factories and raw material suppliers.
- Issue raw material purchase orders and cut tickets.
- Manage factory capacities and implement solutions to hit targets.
- Resolve any delivery or material issues affecting production.
- Ensure QC is accurately completed in a timely manner (material and product level).
- Experience working with local contractors.
- High taste level and critical eye for detail,
- Understanding of industry lead times and ability to create realistic timelines.
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems, offer solutions, ask the right questions and address issues to meet aesthetic goals and financial targets.
- Effective ability to research new raw materials and factories.
- Strong sense of urgency, motivation, persistence and ability to take initiative.
- Global sourcing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and challenging environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the MICHI aesthetic.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, proactive and a team player.
- Driver’s license for travel between factories for QC.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the activewear or knit production industry (knowledge of manufacturing process, fabrics, trims and logos).
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include Job Title, “Production Manager”, in the subject line of your message.