Are you systems savvy and passionate about E-commerce sales strategies to maximize website conversions? Are you driven to give website users value by deeply understanding customer wants, needs and behaviour? Do have a passion for growth and CRO (conversion rate optimization)?
If so, keep reading! We’re looking for an E-Commerce Specialist to manage the michiny.com Shopify website, optimize customer journey and maximize website conversions. We’re looking for someone passionate about technology and continual improvement. At MICHI, growth and innovation is behind everything we do!
In this position you’ll be responsible for managing and optimizing our Shopify website to ensure maximum conversion rates and sales growth. The E-commerce Specialist will collaborate with digital marketing, sales and production to develop and execute E-commerce strategies to drive online sales, improve customer experience and engagement, and enhance overall brand performance. What does that mean exactly? It means we’ll be counting on you to do the following:
Shopify Website Operations:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our Shopify website, including product uploads, tagging, merchandising, inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer service.
- Review hidden styles on Shopify and make live, audit HS code and UPC’s.
- Plan, manage and execute E-commerce pricing strategies, markdowns and promotions.
- Manage dropship account uploads and NuOrder wholesale platform uploads.
- Act as liaison with our web developer and 3rd party apps.
- Manage homepage updates within Shopify theme.
- Take the lead on Shopify troubleshooting.
- Consistently QA the site to ensure content and copy are accurate, merchandising is effective and UX is optimal.
- Stay up-to-date with E-commerce trends and best practices and make recommendations for new technologies or strategies to improve website performance.
E-commerce Customer Experience:
- Identify and optimize key customer journeys for the e-commerce experience.
- Develop and implement E-commerce strategies that align with the overall business objectives, such as driving website traffic, increasing conversion rates, increasing customer LTV and improving customer retention.
- Develop customer segmentation initiatives to contribute to a premium personalized customer experience.
- Create and manage a web calendar and strategy and establish deadlines, including those for launches and promotions.
- Consistently test all aspects of website personalization to increase website conversion rate.
Data and Analytics:
- Analyze website data and user behavior to identify opportunities for optimization, such as improving website navigation, enhancing product descriptions, and implementing A/B testing.
- Maintain a data-driven approach through continual experimentation and optimization to exceed company goals; with the daily evaluation of critical KPIs (CAC, LTV, CPC, AOV and CRO)
- Implement SEO best practices, audit projects for SEO & make recommendations (including working with copywriter to provide detailed recommendations to optimize web content).
- Forecast seasonal E-commerce inventory levels.
- Work on stock level optimization to maximize sales.
- Analyze selling trends highlighting actions on reorders or cancellations.
- Consistently monitor monthly supply and slow movers.
Branding and Creative Collaboration:
- Perform frequent updates of the content on the site including creative imagery, product descriptions, merchandising, and brand initiatives.
- Communicate insights to drive improved creative, and work with the Marketing Team and Content Strategist to execute the strategic online marketing plan, including social media, branding, online partnerships and email marketing.
- Work with the creative team and web developer to ensure website design and content align with the brand's image and messaging, and that brand integrity is maintained through all updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in E-commerce with online user acquisition experience with both paid and organic channels.
- Proficient on Shopify platform, including product listings, collections, and order management.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar web analytics tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge in implementing A/B test scenarios throughout the web and email on a regular basis and tracking them with internal tools.
- Strong desire to fully understand customer, segment, start small, iterate, double down in proven areas and get very focused on serving core customer segments
- Experience with site merchandising, site search, customer experience personalization and A/B testing.
- Strong E-commerce merchandising, analytical skills and strong luxury taste level.
- Experience with site merchandising, site search, segmentation, customer experience personalization and A/B testing.
- Data driven, mathematical mindset and abilities.
- Strong understanding of social behaviour.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand current market trends and social behaviour
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and basic web development concepts is a plus.
- Quantitative / analytical skills balanced with passion to improve digital customer experience.
- Ability to prioritize while thinking on macro level and be extremely detail oriented
- A proactive positive attitude.
- Calm under pressure.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE?
- You are highly proficient with the day-to-day operations of our Shopify website, very adept at product uploads, tagging, merchandising and all the preparation for markdowns and promotions.
- You now have a strong understanding of the MICHI brand, the product catalog and effective ways to categorize our products aligned with MICHI customer behaviour.
- You understand how to convert our visitors into paying customers by choosing the right technologies, projecting the mission and vision, and through your deep understanding of E-commerce metrics including CRO, AOV, CRR and LTV.
- You are able to describe the consumer's purchase path on the website, and how to optimize that navigation.
- Your work has created an increase in sales revenue by increasing AOV, customer retention, frequency of purchase and LTV.
- You have played an important role in increasing our website conversion rate by analyzing user behaviour, implementing A/B testing, optimizing the user experience, working with the marketing team to build compelling landing pages and by optimizing the checkout process.
- You have built credibility of the michiny.com website through enhanced customer experience to encourage repeat purchases, collect customer feedback and receive positive reviews.
- You have increased customer loyalty and retention by developing effective retention strategies such as personalized recommendations, loyalty programs, and worked with the team to enable excellent customer service.
- You have optimized the website's cost structure by analyzing the costs associated with website maintenance, marketing campaigns, and third-party apps.
- You have helped increase our website traffic by implementing effective SEO tactics and by collaborating to develop compelling content.
MICHI (www.michiny.com), is technical women’s sportswear that doesn’t look like it. It’s the alchemy of form and function, so you can do more with less. Our mission is to elevate and inspire women to live an active lifestyle and become more than they ever thought they could. Our durable, versatile products are ethically Made in Canada and crafted with certified technical fabrics. We defy the status quo to fuse elevated aesthetics with high performance functionality.
MICHI is sold in the world’s most prestigious department stores, upscale gyms and eCommerce platforms; including Holt Renfrew and Sporting Life in Canada, Selfridges in the UK, Le Bon Marche in France, Luisa Via Roma in Italy, Asport in Taiwan, SKP in China, and Equinox Gyms in the US, UK and Canada.
Our products are Made in Canada and in Sedex certified factories globally, out of bluesign® and OEKO-TEX® certified materials from Italy, Brazil, and throughout Asia. As a collaborative team, we create value through strong communication, innovative thinking and taking responsibility to put our customers first.
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
Email both your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include the job title MICHI E-commerce Specialist in the subject line of your message.