MICHI, a fashion forward luxury performance active lifestyle brand, is currently seeking a Design Intern in Toronto, Canada.
A Design internship at MICHI is a great way of gaining experience and mentorship in the fashion industry. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern that is up for a challenge and is excited to learn from the industry’s best.
- Attend Fittings
- Create technical drawings, art boards (great to have not required)
- Support design team day to day
- Cut patterns and fabric (required)
- Great organization skills: organize, tag samples and fabric
- Focus on technical abilities and understanding of garment construction and fit
- Strong pattern making ability - preferably knits, activewear, lingerie /swim (great to have not required)
- Basic sewing skills
- Understanding of garment construction and design details
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn - no job too small!
- Strong communication skills and ability to multitask
- Strong understanding of the MICHI aesthetic
- Hands on all aspects of design of a collection from beginning to end
- Great learning opportunity to work with a luxury activewear brand, a growing category area in retail
- Exposure to the entire design process
- Work with an experienced team
- MICHI Incentive at the end of internship contract
Please email your resume and portfolio, if available, to: email@example.com
Please include Job Title, “Design Intern”, in the subject line of your message.