Assistant Designer/ Product Developer
Michi, www.michiny.com, a fashion forward performance active lifestyle brand, is currently seeking an Assistant Designer/ Product Developer with superb design and construction ability.
JOB SUMMARY: To assist with creation of seasonal collections and new developments for active lifestyle brand MICHI.
- Collaborate with Design Director in creating exciting concepts and mood boards
- Assist with presentation preparation
- Attend initial design concept meetings and contribute to seasonal ideas
- Assist in the design and ownership of specific SKUs each season
- Sketch new styles and details seasonally for apparel and accessories
- Respond to direction given for sketches and detailing by Design Director
- Provide detailed construction sketches
- Work with Design Director to decide fabrication, material and trims for each style
- Create accurate technical drawings and detail sheets for each style, manage changes through the season, communication of BOMS to production manager
- Maintain development sketch and BOM binder, as well as digital sketch library for all assigned styles
- Constantly retain and check seasonal boards are up to date and accurate with correct fabrics and sketches
- Manage own workflow and timeline based on key deadlines given by Design Director.
- Execute and present clear research and sketches to design director.
- Launch and follow up accurately on trials and protos based on inspiration details
- Work closely with factories to ensure all launched styles/trials are made accurately
- Attend proto fittings and update all sketches in accordance with detail changes communicated in fittings
- Superb conceptual, design and construction ability
- A design diploma unless your illustrations or garments speak for themselves
- A demonstrated ability to communicate concepts visually
- Deep empathy, including listening skills and patience
- Creativity and vision
- Technical knowledge of activewear/knitwear/stitch constructions
- General knowledge of yarns/fibers
- CAD proficiency (Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines at once
Please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
Please include Job Title, “Assistant Designer”, in the subject line of your message.