MICHI (www.michiny.com) an emerging, fashion-forward active lifestyle company is looking for a Controller to provide financial leadership and guidance on all financial management aspects of the company’s accounting operations, financial reporting and accounting administration. The Controller will be the go-to person to support Michi business initiatives and strategy.
JOB SUMMARY: Part-time role (1 day/ week). Perform book keeping duties in addition to providing financial leadership, guidance and budgeting.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and year end financial statements and reports
- Monitoring, collecting, interpreting and reporting on financial data
- Managing the month end close process
- Maintain general ledgers.
- Make entries into accounting software and internal databases as needed.
- Integrate with Company financial systems as required.
- Accurately pay invoices in accordance with the payment terms, manage accounts receivable, invoice customers and perform general accounting duties.
- Process payroll
- Reconcile financial statements.
- Follow up on overdue payments.
- Prepare statistical and financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain historical records by filing documents correctly
- Preparing ad hoc financial reports
- Managing and overseeing all accounting operations, including invoicing, AR and AP
- Managing, facilitating and supporting auditors with the preparation of annual tax returns and audited financial statements
- Performing various financial, cash analysis and operational cost analysis; investigate variances
- Managing, reviewing and overseeing pricing and gross margin
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Five to seven years experience in a similar accounting position with progressive managerial experience
- Experience working with manufacturing companies, with inventory systems and in multiple currencies.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Exceptional ability to deconstruct and analyze information relevant to financial analysis
- Superior time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently
- Demonstrated leadership with a highly evolved level of emotional intelligence
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPA or CA preferred
Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include Job Title, “Controller”, in the subject line of your message.